BBQ at The Museum of the Waxhaws
Saturday,Sept 5, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., TAKEOUT ONLY
$12 – per chicken plate (includes broccoli salad and red potatoes)
We are closed and hope to reopen on Saturdays very soon!
Our vision is a dynamic community of people from many backgrounds and cultures thriving together in The Waxhaws, across the country, and around the world.
Our mission is to help build that community by engaging people in our full history, celebrating its successes, acknowledging its failures, and seeking reconciliation and inclusion in the present.
Give a Gift Membership
A gift membership to Museum of the Waxhaws is a gift that just keeps giving. Membership entitles the individual or family receiving it to free admission to the museum during regular hours, discounts, and special tickets at museum events.
Eight membership levels available ranging from $25 to $1000 annually for individuals, families, and corporations. Learn more.
Host your next event at the Museum!
We offer unique indoor and outdoor environments for weddings, special parties, corporate functions, meetings, concerts, or any other special event. Learn more.
- Main Museum Special Event Room: This room offers a large flexible room with an enclosed glass porch facing the Museum Grounds and a catering kitchen. Capacity varies with event type.
- Auditorium/Theater: This space seats 91.
- Outdoor Stage
- Exterior Grounds and Outdoor Stage: Limited to 500 people. Port-a-Potty rental available.
- Gold Panning
Hours of Operation:
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Adults: $5.00
- Children 6-12: $2.00
- Seniors: $4.00
- Children 5 and under: free
- Visitors must be accompanied by a tour guide to see the interior of the buildings.
- The museum grounds are not part of the public parks system. Paying admission is required in order to walk around the grounds unless as allowed during special events.
- Professional/Commercial Photography is prohibited.
- For safety reasons, the museum grounds are closed to the public when the museum is closed. Recreational walking, hiking, and running, etc., are NOT allowed on the grounds.
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds.
Support Our Cause
The Museum of the Waxhaws and Andrew Jackson Memorial are administered by the Andrew Jackson Historical Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to maintaining a repository for the collection of artifacts and other resource materials that focus on the history of the Waxhaw region and Andrew Jackson.
Our fiscal year begins the end of June. You can contribute at any time as an individual, family, or business. We are always seeking sponsors to help fund our Museum. Your contribution allows us to share local history and cultural experiences with people of all ages throughout our region.
Scouts Are So Important Here
Our Sponsors are the Lifeline
- Joyce Blythe
- Perry & Beth Blythe
- Rita Brunson
- Zane & Joan Eargle
- Macon Griffin, Griffin Motor Company
- Patricia G. McGee
- Robert McCain
- Sherry Robinson
- William Simpson
- Jack & Betty Shaw
- Sammy Starnes, Circle S Ranch
- Carlton Tyson
- Mary Alice Wilson