There’s always something fun happening at the Museum of the Waxhaws!
- AVIATION in WWI – Saturday, April 21, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Meet the Red Baron, airplane displays, and learn about local WWI veterans
- Memorial Day Display – May 26 – Local historian Jack Clay will present a Memorial Day display.
- Local Authors Day – June 16 – stop by meet local authors and check out their books.
- Tavern Night – June 23, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. – Enjoy traditional food, entertainment and an open beer and wine bar (with a special drink from Dreamchasers Brewery) while stepping back in time in an 18th-century tavern. Share drinks, play card games, and tall tales with ladies and gentlemen from the period as well as modern guests. Watch scenes from Waxhaw’s historic play, Listen & Remember. Period dress is not required nor discouraged!
- Pirate Day – August 25, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Enjoy a family-friendly day of fun, games, food, competitions, cannons firing; all with Pirates! Pirate attire is not required nor discouraged!
- EvenTide with Pirates, August 25, 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Enjoy an evening with Pirates, a special brew from Dreamchasers Brewery, 21 and older only. Pirate attire is not required nor discouraged!
- Camp Sutton Display – September 15 – more details to come.
- Haunted Walk – October 20 – more details to come.
- Gettysburg Address – November 20 – more details to come.
- Treats with Mrs. Claus – December 8 – more details to come.