The Museum of the Waxhaws is Union County’s Cultural and History Learning Center
The Museum showcases and demonstrates history and culture to visitors in the context of indoor and outdoor exhibits, artistic performances, historical reenactments, and group tours. The basis of our mission is to teach residents of Union County about our regional history.
Our mission is to provide an authentic and accurate depiction of local history and to continue building the story as history is made for generations to come!
Give a Gift Membership
A gift membership to Museum of the Waxhaws is a gift that just keeps giving. Membership entitles the individual or family receiving it to free admission to the museum during regular hours, discounts, and special tickets at museum events.
Eight membership levels available ranging from $25 to $1000 annually for individuals, families, and corporations. Learn more.
Host your next event at the Museum!
We offer unique indoor and outdoor environments for weddings, special parties, corporate functions, meetings, concerts, or any other special event. Learn more.
- Main Museum Special Event Room: This room offers a large flexible room with an enclosed glass porch facing the Museum Grounds and a catering kitchen. Capacity varies with event type.
- Auditorium/Theater: This space seats 91.
- Outdoor Stage
- Exterior Grounds and Outdoor Stage: Limited to 500 people. Port-a-Potty rental available.
- Gold Panning
Hours of Operation:
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Adults: $5.00
- Children 6-12: $2.00
- Seniors: $4.00
- Children 5 and under: free
- Visitors must be accompanied by a tour guide to see the interior of the buildings.
- The museum grounds are not part of the public parks system. Paying admission is required in order to walk around the grounds unless as allowed during special events.
- Professional/Commercial Photography is prohibited.
- For safety reasons, the museum grounds are closed to the public when the museum is closed. Recreational walking, hiking, and running, etc., are NOT allowed on the grounds.
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds.
Scouts Are So Important Here
Our Sponsors are the Lifeline
- Joyce Blythe
- Perry & Beth Blythe
- Rita Brunson
- Zane & Joan Eargle
- Macon Griffin, Griffin Motor Company
- Patricia G. McGee
- Robert McCain
- Sherry Robinson
- William Simpson
- Jack & Betty Shaw
- Sammy Starnes, Circle S Ranch
- Carlton Tyson
- Mary Alice Wilson