Discover your cultural and historical connection to Union County at the Museum of the Waxhaws.
Our museum presents local history, arts & crafts, educational opportunities with participation and support from our Waxhaw neighbors.
- Vietnam Veterans Stage Dedication | May 27, 2017, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. | Ceremony is free; admission fees apply to tour museum
- Heirloom Garden Party | July 15, 2017, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Regular Admission Fees
- Pirate Day | August 26, 2017, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. | $6.00 per person
Hours of Operation:
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Adults: $5.00
- Children 6-12: $2.00
- Seniors: $4.00
- Children 5 and under: free
- Visitors must be accompanied by a tour guide to see the interior of the buildings.
- The museum grounds are not part of the public parks system. Paying admission is required in order to walk around the grounds unless as allowed during special events.
- Professional photography is prohibited.
- For safety reasons, the museum grounds are closed to the public when the museum is closed.
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds.
Many thanks to the Town of Waxhaw and Union County Community Arts Council for their continued support.
The Museum of the Waxhaws is Union County’s cultural and history learning center.The Museum showcases and demonstrates history and culture to visitors in the context of indoor and outdoor exhibits, artistic performances, historical reenactments, and group tours. The basis of our mission is to teach residents of Union County about our regional history.
Our mission is to provide an authentic and accurate depiction of local history and to continue building the story as history is made for generations to come!
Have a Closer Look
Scouts Are So Important Here
Our Sponsors are the Lifeline
2015/2016 Circle of Honor & Patron Level Sponsors
Sarah Belk Gambrell
Town Of Waxhaw
Arthur & Charlotte Mott
Union County Arts Council
Patricia Gamble McGee
Union Power Cooperative
Monroe Oil Co. / Fill Good
Chronotek / Brandon Fox
Our fiscal year begins the end of June. You can contribute at any time as an individual, family, or business. We are always seeking sponsors to help fund our Museum. Your contribution allows us to share local history and cultural experiences with people of all ages throughout our region.